We all know battle vests/jackets and crust pants, but if you like collecting patches as much as I do, you'll eventually run out of space - and jackets. There are so many other things that look great with patches, too. In this blog post, I have compiled 5 ideas were to put all the printed pieces of fabric with band names, logos, political messages or just decorative motifs.
Today, I'm presenting you the first pattern from Slightly Sinister Patterns (apart from the free Culotte Rowena) that I tested a short while ago: Mary (unpaid advertisement). Had a great plan for the swirl but not enough time, so I initially tested a basic black version that's not worth showing. There are two more patterns out by now. I hope to sew the Billie hoodie soon, and there is the brand new Alexis skirt.
Today you will get a look behind the scenes again. I have written about pattern design before, showing you the final fabric and telling a bit more about my approach from sketching to digital work. I wanted to create more patterns for my products for a while now but never got around to finish them. I have so many ideas on my list that I made it into a 100-day project that started on January 1st.
Today I'd like to show you the results of two yarn projects that I introduced a while ago. You can read all about the yarn and the patterns I used in that blog post. One of the projects came to me in a dream, and I just had to make it a reality. Here I'm focusing on how to wear the pieces, including a bit more about the rest of the outfits. I hope you enjoy the story and photos.
You might remember the garish dyed cardigan that I made more than a year ago. I didn't wear it as much as I'd liked because the bright tie-dye-look often clashed with the rest of my outfit. There was also a problem at the shoulder seams that needed to be fixed. I am living in this cosy cardigan at the moment, and I'll show you what I did to make it perfect.
Again a few months since my last blog post. Time has gone really quickly when some restrictions lifted, and I went into work more. I also got really busy with sewing for Zebraspider, stocking up for the market season, custom orders, and pattern testing. Yes, there was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. The creative side of being stuck at home kept going strong.
I'm currently working on two yarn-based projects, a crop top in crochet and a knitted vest. Both have in common that I've done something similar before and that the yarns were not from my (still not shrinking) stash, but purchased specifically for these two garments. I'll tell you a bit more about these and why I chose them is this post (so this might qualify as unpaid advertisement), as well as the patterns I used an what I like about them.
Sometimes I make things that I think are too "small" for their own blog post but still worth showing, so I take pictures anyway. It's the little sewing, crafting or drawing projects that also don't have a big story to tell with them, still there are interesting bits about their creation. A few things from last year that I haven't presented yet, are the patchwork pouch, black and white ink drawings and water colour Christmas cards.
I'm still doing Roller Derby and as I'm more advanced now, I'm going to more training sessions. More on how this is going also in this post, but first I want to show you my new sports clothes. For Skating, I usually wear shorts and currently I only have a bought and a handmade pair. Time to make another one that is exactly how I want it to be. That's what I did on my X-mas holiday. [Advertisement - because I got the pattern for free to test]
I haven't been in a nice place recently. It probably was a combination of a stressful summer, dealing with colds in autumn and not a lot of energy left for creative projects. My mood was declining with the light and I thought picking up a simple crochet project might help. It did. Well, a bit at least. So today I'd like to tell you the story of the red fishnet top.